We collect information in a few different ways:
When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our services/products (e.g., our email newsletter), you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, the email address or phone number you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you're using ATTIC on your mobile device, you may also choose to provide us with location data.
We also get technical information when you use our services and products
When you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there's certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our services and products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
Log data. When you use ATTIC, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you're using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had ATTIC features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used ATTIC, and cookie data.
We use Google Analytics which is a web analysis tool of Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter “Google“) for the purposes of the adequate design and continuous optimization of our website. Google Analytics works with cookies and creates pseudomonysed usage profiles, which enable an analysis of your use of our website. Information stored in such cookies (such as browser type/version, operating system used, referrer URL, Hostname of the accessing computer, time of server request) are usually transmitted to and stored on Google’s servers in the USA.
Due to the activation of the IP anonymization (IP masking), Google will truncate and therefore anonymize the IP address of your device within the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using ATTIC on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
We may get information about you and your activity off ATTIC from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example, online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect ATTIC and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting content or products you might like. For example, if you've indicated that you're interested in a specific design style, we may suggest other products or content of that style or a similar style.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in. For example, if you viewed a sofa, we may show you ads for upholstery services.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity happens on ATTIC), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include new products from stores you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Respond to your questions or comments.
Transferring your information
ATTIC is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside of your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those in your home country.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have an ATTIC account, many of the choices you have on ATTIC are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we'll deactivate it and remove your information from ATTIC. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access ATTIC. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
We may make certain aggregated information publicly available through what are called “APIs” or similar data services. For example, a partner might use an ATTIC data service to study what their most popular items are. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you've chosen to share something from ATTIC or publish your activity on ATTIC to them.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on ATTIC.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or ATTIC; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. We may share the information described in this Policy with our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on ATTIC how many people saved something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on an item after viewing it.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we'll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use ATTIC after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.
How can you contact us?
You may contact ATTIC by email at [email protected]