We collect information in a few different ways:
Industry standard technical information when you use our services and products
When you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there's certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our services and products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
Log data. When you use ATTIC, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the ATTIC web pages you visited, and the type of browser you used to view our site.
Session and Multi-Session data. In order to offer certain features on our website, we save basic search parameters to your browser so that we can re-use them throughout your visit. For example, if you use one of our filters to narrow down the products we show on our site, we save the filter you applied so that we can re-apply it for you as you navigate between pages or on a return to our site. Other sites use similar techniques to store your language preferences so that you don't have to set them up every time you visit the site. We do not in anyway save your search or filters in a way that can be associated with you individually.
When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our services/products (e.g., our email newsletter), you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, the email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. However, we do not use this individual information in combination with any other collected data. That is, we do not attempt to align these data with other data we collect about usage of our services (e.g., attributing search terms entered to you or your name). We do not sell any personal information that you provide to us.
Additional Analytics. We may also use additional analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics) to collect anonymous demographic and interest data about you (such as age, gender, and interests), as well as aggregated data about how you use our site (e.g., which pages users visit, what search terms they use).
Google Analytics which is a web analysis tool of Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter “Google“) for the purposes of the adequate design and continuous optimization of our website. Google Analytics works with cookies and creates pseudomonysed usage profiles, which enable an analysis of your use of our website. Information stored in such cookies (such as browser type/version, operating system used, referrer URL, Hostname of the accessing computer, time of server request) are usually transmitted to and stored on Google’s servers in the USA.
Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
We participate in affiliate marketing networks. When you follow a link to a third-party website from ATTIC, your browser may save a cookie to your browser. That cookie allows the affiliate network to record whether or not a sale is executed on the third-party website. The affiliate network service provider and/or the third-party website may collect additional information about your usage of the third-party website such as which products were viewed and purchased. When applicable, these technologies allow ATTIC to collect a commission for the sale of products on the third-party website. However, we neither request nor accept personally indentifiable information from such marketing networks. We use aggregated data as well product specific data that is sanitized of personal information to track the effectiveness of our site and services.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect ATTIC and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting content or products you might like. For example, if you've indicated that you're interested in a specific design style, we may suggest other products or content of that style or a similar style.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity happens on ATTIC), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include new products from stores you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Respond to your questions or comments.
What choices do you have about your information?
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access ATTIC. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
The limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or ATTIC; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. We may share the information described in this Policy with our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on ATTIC how many people saved something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on an item after viewing it.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we'll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use ATTIC after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.
How can you contact us?
You may contact ATTIC by email at [email protected]